When to use?
When fish show symptoms of a parasitic infection, including white spots along the fins and body, flicking and rubbing, gasping at the surface, or an opaque film over the body.
Formaldehyde is highly effective at treating parasites due to its ability to penetrate through the mucus layer, reaching those parasites which would otherwise be protected from alternative bath treatments. It can also be used in conjunction with Malachite to treat protozoan parasites more effectively.
How to use?
- Test your water quality using NT Labs Test Kit.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch off UV filtration for 5 days. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool; a different medication may be more suitable. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re-treating or treating with a different medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- If required, mix with Malachite prior to adding to the pond, following the instructions above.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.