When to use?
When fish show symptoms of a parasitic infection, including white spots along the fins and body, flicking and rubbing, gasping at the surface, or an opaque film over the body.
Formaldehyde is highly effective at treating parasites due to its ability to penetrate through the mucus layer, reaching those parasites which would otherwise be protected from alternative bath treatments. It can also be used in conjunction with Malachite to treat protozoan parasites more effectively.
How to use?
- Test your water quality using NT Labs Test Kit.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch off UV filtration for 5 days. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool; a different medication may be more suitable. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re-treating or treating with a different medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- If required, mix with Malachite prior to adding to the pond, following the instructions above.
Click & Collect
Is available for anyone up to 30 miles from store (as the crow fly's) Delivery is £5.99-£11.99
Once your order is placed we will contact you to arrange a delivery date.
Anything in store can be delivered with this service.
Please note: delivery can take 1-7 days from order date. Because we need a minimum number of orders to justify sending a driver out in our delivery van.
- Express Pallet 2-3 days - large items & heavy orders
- Hermes Standard 2-4 days - dry goods up to 15kg - no aquariums
- Hermes Next Day 1-2 days - dry goods up to 15kg - no aquariums
- DX Dry Goods 1-4 days - dry goods up to 50kg - includes small aquariums
- DX Livestock Next Day Pre 1pm - no dry goods - despatched Thursday evenings for Friday pre 1pm delivery.
Prices are calculated at checkout.
If you are ordering courier livestock & dry goods please make a separate order these can't be sent together.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.