Milwaukee MA887 Salinity Refractometer
This new digital salinity refractometer is a precision optical instrument used for measuring concentrations of substances in aqueous solutions. They work using the principle of light refraction through liquids. When passing light through a liquid, the test result will be calculated by the computer and shown in the digital display. This MA887 actually measures the salinity of seawater, not sodium chloride levels, making it the ideal equipment for the enthusiast or expert aquarist in the marine aquarium hobby.
Tip: allow 24hrs to elapse if measuring salinity of a newly mixed batch of water as it does take this time for the correct ionisation of the water.
Milwaukee refractometers are very simple to use: simply place one drop of your sample in the prism well, and read the results immediately!
The new Milwaukee MA887 seawater digital refractometer encompasses 3 different types of user selected scales for the measurement of seawater providing for a much more precise evaluation. Each scale is temperature compensated.
- PSU - the newest type scale standard - letters stand for Practical Salinity Units and is fast become the universal standard for seawater measurement
- PPT - the old standard of Parts Per Thousand of saturated salt. This is the oldest of the 3 seawater measurements scales
- S.G. - the current standard of Specific Gravity hydrometers and refractometers.
The Milwaukee Instruments MA887 digital refractometer is easy to calibrate and easy to read and provides the highest accuracy possible for the measurement of seawater 3 specific scales. This is the type of accuracy demanded by today's professionals and Milwaukee Instruments delivers.
Key features include:
- Dual-level LCD
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC)
- Easy setup and storage
- Battery operation with low power indicator (BEPS)
- Automatically turns off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Detailed instructions included with equipment
- All parts included for immediate use.
- 0 to 50 psu
- 0 to 150 ppt
- 1.000 to 1.114 s.G. (20/20)
- 0 to 80°c / 32 to 176°f
- 1 psu
- 1 ppt
- 0.001 s.G. (20/20)
- 0.1°c / 0.1°f
- ±2 psu
- ±2 ppt
- ±0.002 s.G. (20/20)
- ±0.3°c / ±0.5°f
The warranty is subject to the meter been used in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations with regards to caring for the device. The warranty does not cover customer abuse or lack of care.